Friday 6 March 2015

Watercolour masking

Hiya! Quick post from me as I have a poorly little lady with me :-( Here's a card I started a few weeks ago and have only just got around to finishing. It's using this tutorial from Kristina Werner using masking fluid to draw a circle, then splotch in Distress Inks and water so they blend together. Then, once everything was dry and I had rubbed away the masking fluid, I used the same colours of ink and flicked little splatters over the top along with water and some white misting ink. Once that was dry I stamped and embossed what I think is my fave sentiment stamp ever, over the top, and matted everything to a purple card base.

I'm going to enter this into these challenges; Addicted to CAS Distress, AAA Challenges Watercolour Rain, Viginia's View Embossing and Sieze the Birthday Anything goes option. I hope you like it, thanks for looking!

Supplies;

Ink - Distress Inks 'Seedless Preserves', 'Chipped Sapphire' & 'Peacock Feathers'

Sentiment - Mama Elephant 'Make a Wish'

Other - white embossing powder, watercolour masking fluid & Studio Calico white spray mist

Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'Blackberry Bliss'

 

16 comments:

Jenny Colacicco said...

This sentiment stamp gets a lot of love everywhere - it's just makes a card! I really like the color combo and background. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards :0) Jenny x

Julia said...

I really like how you blended all the colors together for a beautiful look with your birthday sentiment. The splatters are a favorite of mine! Thanks so much for joining AAA this week.

Joyce said...

This is so fantastic. I used this same stamp set, and wish I saw your card before I made mine. I love your vibrant colors and the way you confined your coloring to a circle.

Sharyn Polesel said...

So pretty! Love your colorful focal image and all of those fun splatters! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful blending with your inks and I love the splatters and sparkle on this card, Beth! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Beth, I love the bright colours and all the pretty splatters ;) Viv xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done - this turned out great! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

Kylie said...

Wonderful masking! The colours turned out beautifully. Love the extra splats you added. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Victoria Lavender said...

You're a good study! Your card is superb! Very nice indeed. Thanks for playing AAA Cards. Hugs, Victoria

Jane said...

Such a beautiful swirly font and my favourite colours for the watercoloured background. So, of course, I love your card. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous backdrop and masking which allows the sentiment to take centre stage beautifully. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Coscmically FANTASTIC, LOVE the colors and the vibe!! Thanks for joining us at the AAA Card Challenge, I sure hope that you will join us again real soon, keep an eye out, our challenge goes live tomorrow!!!! Yay!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love that sentiment, I have yet to ink mine up!!

Merry Makewell said...

Great card. Really love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card made with beautiful rich colors I really want to try this technique!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!