Sunday 21 September 2014

Birthday present card

Hello! I hope you're Sunday is a good one :-) I'm back to share this bright and colourful card. I really wanted to have a good ol' play with some patterned papers so I picked a paper stack and a sketch and made this! The sketch is this weeks My Favourite Things one and I used the presents from the Sweet Birthday Wishes MFT stamp set to do some paper piecing. I added a vellum layer to help simplify things as the papers are pretty busy. I'm also going to enter this into this weeks Simon Says Stamp challenge of Tags, AAA Cards theme of Fussy Cutting, and the current Seize the Birthday, the no toppings Anything Goes theme! Thanks for looking, hope you like it!





Supplies;
Stamps - My Favourite Things 'Sweet Birthday Wishes'
Sentiment - Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler'
Papers - Doodlebug 'Sugar Shoppe'
Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'So Saffron'
Dies - Nestabilities 'Circles' & MFT 'Tag Stax'
Other - ribbon, crochet thread & vellum

7 comments:

Victoria Lavender said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing it. Cheers, Victoria Lavender- AAA Cards

Angela said...

Beautiful fussy cutting of the gift boxes, Beth! Your scissors are sharp and so is your card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards this week.

Sharyn Polesel said...

How cute and what wonderful colors! I love the circle of vellum to soften the area behind your focal image. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Juls said...

fab!! Love the use of vellum :-) xx

Caryn said...

This is a stunning card Beth - love the choice of papers - perfect for a birthday celebration.

Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Tag It Challenge.

Hugs,
Caryn

shirley-bee said...

Fab card - I love all the coordinating papers and colours! Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday.

Susie W. said...

This card is so cute! Love the patterned papers on the gifts...so sweet!
I'm so glad you joined us at Seize The Birthday. :)