Thursday 18 September 2014

Autumn birthday card

Hiya! I'm back to share a card I made last night and I'm so happy with it - pretty rare these days ;-) I really wanted to make an autumn theme card but am on a serious stash spending freeze so I got creative. I stamped this plaid background using this weeks Paper Players colour scheme and it was really fun! Plus it gave me a chance to bust out my gorgeous new Blackberry Bliss card & ink! I stamped the fox in Cajun Craze ink, which I also used to water colour the image. Then I stamped and cut apart the branch image to add as the two strips behind the image on this weeks Freshly Made sketch. This also works for the current Lawn Fawn challenge of Critters. Thanks for stopping by :-)






Supplies;
Inks - Stampin' Up 'Cajun Craze', 'Always Artichoke', 'Blackberry Bliss' & 'Baked Brown Sugar'
Stamps - Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods'' Mama Elephant 'Basic borders' & Waltzing Mouse 'Off Beat backgrounds'
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink 'Framed Out #6'
Dies - Nestabilities 'Squares'

13 comments:

Juls said...

Cute!! Hugs Juls xx

!neke said...

Just an amazing card!
Love the fox!

Yapha Mason said...

Wow! Your plaid background is amazing! I love how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Tracey T said...

WOW! The background is just fabulous. Hugs, Tracey x

Linda Callahan said...

Love the plaid.....and love that little critter! Very cute! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Elise C. said...

So cute! I like that colors that you used for this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

stampwithsandy said...

When I saw your background I couldn't wait to read on to see where you found your paper, only to see you stamped it yourself! Wonderful and perfect! Fox is super cute, too. Thanks for sharing your work with us at The Paper Players, Beth!

Monica Maier said...

Love the colors and the coloring you did on the little fox. It's a sweet card.

Jaydee said...

LOVE that plaid background! Your card made me smile. Love it. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

Well, you are the plaid QUEEN, because this is awesome! The little fox is as cute as can be, but that background takes the cake! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the way you created your plaid Beth - it looks like a designer series paper! The perfect background for that cute little fox too! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card Beth! I love that little fox! He is so adorable! Great colour choices!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Samantha Mann said...

such a beautiful card!! i LOOOOOVE your coloring on the fox!! wow!! and the branches behind the white panel is genius! such a wonderful card! love! thanks for playing along at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D