Wednesday 27 August 2014

Thinking of You card

Hello! I'm back with a card I made yesterday for my lovely Auntie, her best friend sadly passed away :-( I wanted to make a card to say I was thinking of her. I struggle to make cards when there's a reason like this so I've used a few challenges for inspiration. She likes greens and natural type themes so that gave me a starting point. Then I've used this weeks Card Concept challenge photo and also The Paper Players sketch. I stamped the image twice, once in the lighter green and then again with a darker one but wiping off the edges before stamping to give the centre some depth. I hope you like it, thanks for visiting.




Supplies;
Stamp - Hero Arts 'Small Solid Flower'
Sentiment - WPlus9 'Fresh Cut Florals'
Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'Lucky Limeade'
Ink - Stampin' Up 'Lucky Limeade' & 'Always Artichoke'
Other - wood veneer heart & jute twine

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and simple - I ADORE it!

Mike said...

This is so nice, Beth! I love how you shaded the flower - CAS at its best! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Ardyth said...

This is a beautiful card, sure to bring comfort! Sorry that you needed to make it, but glad that we were able to help you with some inspiration! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

stampwithsandy said...

What a pretty card! Love the clean simplicity of it, the shades of green and that little wooden heart. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is so pretty, Beth! I love how clean and simple it is and the little wooden heart is perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Kim Heggins said...

So so pretty and so so sweet. I love your flower, looks just like the design on the bedding. And your shading is just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Andrea W said...

So clean and lovely! The Lucky Limeade looks awesome with the Always Artichoke. So glad you shared your talent at The Paper Players.

Kay Miller said...

What a beautiful card and such a great interpretation of the inspiration photo!! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

Kristie Larsen said...

I think this is great take off the inspiration photo. I think its nice and simple which is perfect for this kind of card sending occasion. Im so sorry for your Auntie! Lovely job with the card. Great details.
thanks for playing at TCC!