Wednesday, 12 June 2013

A bit of Nautical!

Hello! I'm back again with a card I've just made. I've made a few recently but haven't got round to sharing them on time - plus a couple of duds I'm not willing to share! ;-) So I'm popping this up while I think of it. I love the nautical theme doing the rounds and the moment so I made one in the theme. I've used this weeks Freshly Made sketch but it looked too red with the sentiment in the bottom corner so I shifted it to the top - I hope that's ok! I also made it using Nicole's Papertrey Make it Monday tutorial - I definitely didn't make it seem as easy as she did (this was my 3rd attempt!) but I liked the waves card she made so this is inspired by that too. Thanks for looking, I hope you're well!



Challenges;
Freshly Made Sketches - this sketch -->
Papertake - Masculine card
Papertrey: Make it Monday - Overlapping Ombre

Supplies;
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Papers - My Minds Eye & Doodlebug
Twine & charm - stash
Inks - Stampin' Up

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I like the nautical look and the stamping hombre style is perfect. May even tr this myself. Hugs, Amanda x

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the nautical look & the ship's wheel charm - the ombre sentiment is perfect!

Jen said...

The combination of patterned paper and colors on this card are terrific! I love the shaded gradation of the birthday stamp!

And I've got to tell you that the little pic on your sidebar reminds me of exactly why I don't leave the toilet open like that! LOL!

Oh, and thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

artful-notions said...

Love this nautical look. Your ombré is perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Charming! Wonderful nautical look!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow!!! What a fabulous effect the stamping off of the sentiment is! LOVE the colours you've used to create this nautical look! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!