Tuesday 28 October 2014

Neutral Christmas card set

Hiya! Warning, this is a pretty long post! I've made another set of Christmas cards, 3 this time, and for a few different challenges.


Firstly is my own challenge. I've watched Kristina Werners holiday card series for the last 3 or 4 years and every year I've said I'll make a card inspired by every day - only just managed day 1! Haha! Though that's one better than previous years :-) It's fairly easy to see how I cased this card though instead of grey I used beige, instead of silver I used platinum and instead of the embossed background I used this beautiful patterned paper (hopefully in the close up you can see the shine on this paper) It's from this gorgeous pad from Buttons for Brains - love it!




This second card is using this weeks CAS(E) this Sketch. When I was making the previous card, I didn't know whether the gold or platinum embossing would go best so I made both using this gorgeous sentiment die and 2 layers of powder. Then I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and half the sentiment in the same gold.




Then for my 3rd card I used the other half of the gold sentiment this weeks Merry Monday challenge of neutral colours, snowflakes and dry embossing. All 3 of these cards are for this weeks Muse challenge which was to make 3 cards using die cuts, cream and a single sheet of paper - this is where I bent the rules, I only use 6x6 paper and only had one of each sheet so I made all 3 cards using papers from the same collection, I hope that's ok! Thanks for looking and making it to the end! :-)





Supplies;
1st -
Papers - First Edition 'Gilded Winter'
Sentiment die - Simon Says Stamp 'Merry Christmas'
Card stock - Stampin' Up 'Sahara Sand'
Embossing powder - Wow! 'Metallic Platinum'
Other - Simon Says Stamp 'Moonshine' sequins, vellum & natural silver twine
2nd -
Papers - First Edition 'Gilded Winter'
Dies - Simon Says Stamp 'Merry Christmas' & MFT 'Snowflakes Splendor'
Stamps - MFT 'Snowflake Splendor'
Sentiment - Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas'
Card stock - Stampin' Up 'Crumb Cake'
Other - Simon Says Stamp 'Moonshine' sequins, 
Embossing powder - Wow! 'Metallic Rich Gold Pale'
3rd -
Papers - First Edition 'Gilded Winter'
Dies - Simon Says Stamp 'Merry Christmas' & Memory Box 'Country Landscape'
Sentiment - Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas'
Embossing powder - Wow! 'Metallic Rich Gold Pale'
Card stock - Stampin' Up 'Sahara Sand'
Other - Simon Says Stamp 'Moonshine' sequins ' snowflake embossing folder

26 comments:

Colleen said...

These are ALL Gorgeous cards...I may have to CAS YOU! Wow, I truly am impressed and love them all!! And even the neutral colors are stunning!

Marie Bingaman said...

Well, I think all your cards are lovely! :)

Chrissie said...

I love the colour palette you chose and the DP is beautiful!
Gorgeous set of cards!
Chrissie

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are extraordinarily gorgeous!! Not only is it 'okay' to change to 6x6 collection, it is brilliant! They all have the same colors and theme! Very well done, Beth!
=] Michele

!neke said...

Beth , your cards are gorgeous !
Hi from !neke

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - I love that you've shown how beautiful it looks with platinum and with gold! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the texture and dimension and GOLD! Thanks for linking up your card to CASE this Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

These are gorgeous! I love them all, but I especially love the one with the gold snowflakes -- fabulous take on the sketch!

Katie Melhus said...

What a lovely trio of cards, they are all so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

jasann said...

Hi Beth, Just love all your cards, they are beautiful, thank you for sharing, and good luck in the challenge!!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh, so pretty!!! The gold really pops and adds a beautiful element of interest to all of these! Love them!

Di said...

Lovely cards Beth - I hopped here from Merry Monday as your entry really is so eye catching.

Hugs

Di xx

Susan Joyce said...

Delightful cards, especially like the Merry Monday card. Love the way you did the die cut words with the embossing powder. Thanks for playing this week.

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous set of Christmas cards!!

Chrissy Larson said...

These are AMAZING!!! I love each and every one of them.

Notes by Nina said...

This is such a beautiful set of cards Beth. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Hannelie said...

Wow... all of these are so lovely! Love the neutrals combined with gold. Looks so classy!

Joyce said...

I just adore this set of cards. They are so beautiful and elegant.

Allie said...

Love your delicate die cuts and cute village scene! Beautiful card set!

GeminiJen said...

They're all beautiful. Something special about each one.

Deborah Frings said...

All three are absolutely fabulous. I think my favourite is the middle one. Great work.

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful set of cards! Love of all the scenes you created on them and the soft warm colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Hello again, Beth!! Congrats on the CTS favorites!!! I'm pretty pleased to be sharing that space with you!
=] Michele

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, dearie!!!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Fabulous cards, and that greeting die just pops off the card. Enjoyed all three of these . . . eye candy for sure!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Beth!