Tuesday 13 May 2014

One layer thank you card

Hi! I've had a go at a one layer card today - they don't come easily for me! But there were a few challenges I could combine so it meant I could concentrate on not bodging up my stamping! I did anyway but never mind! It's a Thank You card for this weeks Less is More One Layer challenge but I used Heathers cards as a starting point on this weeks Papertrey Make It Monday Clustered Stamped Sentiment challenge. I only really had flower stamps but I quite like how that looks. The colours are for this weeks Paper Players challenge and I'm also going to enter into this fortnights Addicted to CAS challenge of Off the Edge - 4 for the price of 1! ;-)
I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my clear embossing powder but after I wiped the ink off, there was loads underneath it so my white sentiment looked a bit muddy. I lined it up and stamped over it again with more VersaMark and embossed it, this time in white, it's given a more raised and glossy effect so a bit of a happy accident! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like it!


Supplies;
Stamps - Papertrey Ink 'Rosie Posie', 'Sweet Life' & 'Sending You'
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink 'Think Big Favourites #5'
Ink - VersaMark 'clear' & Stampin' Up 'Calypso Coral', 'Pear Pizzazz' & 'So Saffron'
Other - white embossing powder

17 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

Beth , this card is stunning :) ♥

Diana K said...

Love the colours, the design, everything!

Marianne said...

beautiful card Beth

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this card really is stunning, Beth! The challenge colors just pop beneath the crisp white sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A simply perfect one layer card Beth and stunning colours. Love your choice of stamps and sentiment.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Kylie said...

the colours are stunning, Beth. I love your take on our off the edge challenge. I LOVE all your white space! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Sarah G said...

Love your card - the flowers look wonderful and your embossed sentiment is great too! Love the CAS look and bright colours :)

canadian_liner said...

I love the way you have your "clusters" tumbling to the bottom on your card.

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Beth.. the colours, stamping, embossing, design are all terrific.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Leni said...

Love the happy flowers and colors! Great card!

Patti said...

Sweet card! You did a lovely job.

Deepti said...

I saw ur card at the LIM gallery and had to drop by to tell u how much a love this card, with ur perfect stamping, this so looks like a winner to me :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! CAS perfection! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Margaret said...

Fabulous card Beth
Margaret x

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous one layer card!!

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, Beth this is stunning, love the colours!

Anne
Less is More Designer

Michelle Lupton said...

I love everything about this card! Thanks so much for linking up your card to our Over the Edge challenge at ATCAS ;)