Friday 17 February 2012

Princess mini card!

Morning! I hope you're all well! I'm just popping by with a couple of cards. Firstly this one, it's a little mini card, notelet or gift tag as it's only about 10x7cm. As soon as I saw the Less is More 'Stripes' challenge I wanted to use Zebra stripes but it's taken a whole week of dithering and thinking about it to come up with this! I made it with the MFT Simply Sweet stamp & die set, I cut out a mask using the largest and smallest dies, then stamped on top of them to make the zebra stripes & border leaving a space for the sentiment, then traced around the largest die to make the edges look a bit cleaner. I've also glitter embossed it but the photo has just make it look like messy stamping!

Here's the challenges;
Less is More - Stripes
Play Date Cafe - Black, white & a splash of bright pink
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Clean & Simple
Suuplies;
Now for the second card, not made by me...this one's made by Jamie!! We were talking about Valentines cards and he said he wanted to make one! So sweet! So I set him up with a few essentials - not my MME pads I hasten to add! ;-)  and opened a few digi files on the computer in case he wanted to print anything (I know how long it took me to get the hang of stamping so I didn't think he'd fancy that!) and this is what he made for me!



He was so excited about it and I love it! It didn't even cross my mind he'd use a photo! And he used the 3 little gems in a row which he calls my signature! What do you think? I think he's got the CAS look down to a T! He also decorated the inside although I've blurred out the smushy message! He said he could see why I love making cards as he said it took everything else out of his mind, I think we'll be seeing more from him!
Thanks for looking, I'll be back tomorrow!

10 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love your zebra stripe mini card - great graphic look! Fab card from Jamie too - how sweet!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth, wonderful Zebra stripes on your card - very striking. Great idea to make masks, and the touch of pink makes it all pop! All in all a brilliant CaS card.


Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

PS - Such a sweet card from your Jamie! Awww, couldn't see my hubby making me a card, but then we're an old married couple! Guess I'm lucky to still be getting flowers after 14 years!

Mandi said...

Superb zebra stripe card. I love animal print and never gave it a thought for my card!
The card your hubby has made is superb...tell hm he can join in anytime, but maybe he will need to be a LIM-ad rather than LIMette lol
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Diane said...

Wonderful cards....from both of you!!!!!!!
Diane

Scrapmate said...

Very striking colours.

Natali said...

Beautiful "princess" card. Just perfect for our "CAS" Challenge at Sweet Stampin`. Thank you for join. We hope to see you again.
Hugs
Natali

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, both so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week xx

Chrissie said...

Your stripy card is fab... but we'll be expecting a submission from Jamie this week too... what a star!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jinny Newlin said...

That picture of the two of you... simply beautiful! You both look so in love! Those simpler times, when it was just me and my hubby, seem so long ago. And I adore that he made that for you! He's a keeper, girl!

I love your take on our splash, too! Those zebra stripes pack the perfect punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Such a funky card, I love it! I 'need' that stamp set now too, it's divine!! Thanks so much for joining in with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!