Sunday, 22 January 2012

Wedding Cake!

Hiya! I wanted to leave this post until the morning, mainly so I didn't have to use these awful photos! Haha! But I made it for the Shabby Tea Room challenge and it closes in about 5 hours so no time to wait! I sort of lost my way with the sketch, the text panel is now a cake and the Clean and Simple look has sort of gone! :-)  I used up a few more scraps from the scraps box though which is good!
I made it using these new Wedding cake stamps I just bought. I ordered them from Craft Superstore at lunchtime on Friday (for £1.99 - bargain!) and they were here Saturday lunchtime! I love it when that happens!I was out last night though so making a card with them had to wait til today. I've made a few other bits and bobs so I'll show them in the week, thanks for visiting!

 

I thought this looked a bit like the flowers on the cakes in the photo

Here's the challenges;
Clean & Simple - this sketch -->
Papertake - Blooms & bling
Sparkles Challenge - New stash
The Secret Crafter - Food & Drink
Simply Create Too - Love is in the Air
The Shabby Tea Room - this photo (grey, lilac, peach, pink, lace & a metal embellishment) -->

12 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful card - just perfect for a wedding. Hugs, Claire x

Jules said...

Hi Beth

This is brilliant .. .. I love it!!

Great take on the photo inspiration.

Love Jules xx

Kathy said...

Very pretty card, thanks for sharing it.

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Beth.
luv
Debby

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card

Thank you for joining us at SMC for our * New Crafty Goodies * Challenge.

Hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous work sweetie, hugs pops x x x

jackiescrafts said...

This is a great card I love that wedding cake stamp

Thank you for joining in at SMC this month

Jackie x

Lili said...

Beautiful card, I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Curlybear said...

Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our Food And Drink challenge

Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

Good Luck with the challenge

Hugs Bridget :0) x
SCSC DT

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous project, Thank you for joining us at SCSC this week
Hugs
Tamara

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Beautiful job--beautiful cake! Glad you joined us for our "Love is in the Air" Challenge at Simply Create Too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/