Sunday 8 May 2011

Penny Black Saturday #150!

**Sorry, I've just realised this didn't post yesterday - whoops!**
Good morning! I hope you've had a great week, mine's been hectic but good! But it's time for another Penny Black Saturday challenge! This weeks theme is 'Distressing', and I actually found this quite distressing; ripping, inking and sanding don't come naturally to me so I decided to make a lovey card for a man! I used Core'dinations for the background then sanded it to reveal the under colour, I also inked the edges of the paper.
This week we have a special addition (or 2) to our little PB Band, we'd like to welcome Ali & Helen! Their cards are stunning and I'm sure you agree they fit right in! This weeks prize is kindly donated by The Ribbon Girl this week and there's lots of lovely seam binding to be won!
My card is for these challenges -
Newbie blog CAS-ual Fridays - Texting Skills
Clean & Simple - this sketch
Creative Inspirations - Embossing
Stamp with Fun - Lace or Ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday - Open Theme
Papertake - Anything Goes
Thanks for looking, I hope you like it!
Supplies-
Image - from 'Mimi in Paris' Penny Black set
Papers - Pink Petticoat & Core'dinations
Sentiment - made on the PC
Pearls - stash
Ribbon - Hobbycraft
Embossing - 'Textile' Cuttlebug folder
Tag - Kars label punch

8 comments:

Martina said...

Wow...this is such a beautiful and elegant card!!! I really love it!
Martina

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous card Beth...thank you for the warm welcome. Excited to be on board.

Ali x

Virginia L. said...

Super fantastic card with the PB stamps! Love the gorgeous color combo and text background! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Friday--the newbie blog ;) Hope to see your fabulous work again!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful text panel! Love the colors you chose for this card and that Eiffel tower is sweet :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card beth and gorgeous papers from PP....hugs kath xxx

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Helen said...

Beautiful card Beth - love the sanded embossing!
Thanks for your comment on my blog...it reminded me that I'd forgotten to check back for your post - naughty Mr Blogger keeps turning my scheduled posts back into drafts too grrrrrrrrr!
Helen x

Dana said...

FABULOUS! The perfect CAS card with that awesome texty BG. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!