Sunday 10 October 2010

Penny Black Saturday #122 & Sweet Stop Sketch #77!

Morning! I hope you're all having a great weekend! Here's my Double DT Saturday post (but on a sunday - oops!) First off is my card for this weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge which is to use 2 or more Penny Black images on your card. I was asked to make a 70th birthday card from my 10 month old Niece to her Nanny so I decided to have a bit of fun with it! I found this Crayon font online and typed in all different colours, then chose a few little hedgies to go round it! I'm not too sure about the colour scheme but I was trying to see it through a child's eye! Ha ha! I'm combining this with a couple of other challenges Papertake, which is to choose a challenge from their last 3 years, I've gone for Cutie Patootie! from back in July. It also qualifies for this weeks Cute card Thursday challenge to Make your own Embellishments, I've made the little flowers and centres using punches and the centre panel too.

Supplies-
Images - various Penny Black stamps
Colouring - Copics
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Sentiment - made on the PC
Flowers - EK Success 'Retro flower' punch & 1/2 inch circle
Border - Fiskars 'Sunburst' punch


*************************************************************
And now onto this weeks Sweet Stop Sketches sketch. I decided to make it a square one to fit this beautiful image in a bit better, also, this is the first time I've used this pad even though I bought it last year - scandalous! I drew the little strings on the Antlers to make little baubles hanging off them - cute!
Thanks for coming by, I hope you van join in with us!

Supplies-
Image - Hero Arts
Colouring - Copics
Papers - Basic Grey
Sentiment - Penny Black
Ribbon & Gems - stash
Holly - Quickutz die
Gems - Bazill
Tools - Circle Nestabilities

7 comments:

Pauline C said...

2 fab cards Beth - I esp love the PB one - that crayon font is fabulous with the cute hedgies around it.
Hugs
Pauline x

Jill said...

2 gorgeous cards Beth I love the pb image so cute thanks for joining us at PTW 3rd birthday hugs Jill xx

Stephanie said...

awesome cards Beth.

dstandard said...

Your cards are wonderful - love that deer - going to have to look for that stamp!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards Beth, wonderful papers and sweet images.
luv
Debby

Zoe said...

Gorgeous reindeer card, love the papers and the layout x

Anonymous said...

Beth - I LOVE your reindeer card! just a fabulous creation. I have to buy it now and do the same thing! lol I love holly too... Christmas is such a fun time to be creative! TFS!
Pam Going Postal