Wednesday 23 November 2011

For my Mum & Dads Anniversary & WOYWW!

Good morning! What a lovely sunny day! In my last post I mentioned I'd been meaning to make a light box to take some piccys of my cards in, so I decided to get on with it! It's quite a pretty one actually as is used to be one of those storage boxes from Ikea but the bottom fell out of it so it was headed for the bin. Then I found this tutorial, it's brilliant as it's collapsible so doesn't take up any space.The only difference I made was to use baking paper as I didn't have any tissue paper, I'll change it if it turns out not to work very well. So as that's what's covering my desk I thought I would share with the lovely peeps on WOYWW! Also, it's a little peek at my new craft desk! I'll pop up some proper pics another time! :-)




Second up is a card I've made for my mum and dad's wedding anniversary (33 years - wowzers!) It was the other day though so this photo wasn't from the new box! ;-) The image is a retired Stampin' Up! one so I don't have a link I'm afraid. I hope you like it, thanks for looking!


Here's the challenges I'd like to enter into:
Totally Gorjuss - Swirly Whirly
The Ribbon Girl - Pink & White
Colour Create - Pink, White & Gold

16 comments:

jude said...

Gorgeous cards and intrigued by the light box may just have to have peek at tutorial.Thanks for showcasing us your desk.
Have fab wednesday pop by as i have candy up for grabs hugs judex 18

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Beth, new desk looks fab. I have a homemade light box and it works a treat. I used and old white shirt!
Gorgeous card too,

Liz x

Sunshine Girl said...

Love the card and the light box is a really great idea. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 19

Bridget Larsen said...

Thank you for the link to the lightbox, even though I have a professional looking one my photos still dont look too good and that link you posted showed me why...I need alight on top
Bridget #36

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Great card for your parents! What a brilliant idea to make your own light box, have you tried it yet? Thanks for sharing.

Neil said...

Hi there. Thanks for letting us peek into your creative space this week. It’s always inspiring seeing where and how we create! Hope the rest of your week goes very well for you. Lovely card and do let us know if the lightbox works!
Neil #31

Anonymous said...

Great light box, they're so useful. I did mine after reading about your PBSC teamy Liz's one she made. Love the card too.

Hugs
Brenda 82

Elizabeth said...

Hi Beth, Your card is lovely - I like the embossed background paper/card. The lightbox is looking good for the job - I'll be interested to see if you find it works. Elizabeth x #81

Ribbon Girl said...

Hope your light box works Beth - congrats to your mum and dad and I really like your card! Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl pink and white challenge. Mary G x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That lightbox is fab, what satisfaction in making it yourself!! Love your card too, lovely elegant swirls!
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, brilliant idea for a light box, you did a great job..we'll enjoy your stuff even more now. I love tha tit's collapsible so there's potential for putting it away. Would never happen here of course!

Shoshi said...

Great lightbox. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Might make one of these. At present I drape a cloth over my video camera rig and put what I want to photograph in front of it, and then point my 2 lamps at it from the sides. This box gives a nice smooth anonymous background, though, which could be varied with different colours/textures according to what you are photographing.

I love the card with the ultra tall glasses! What fun.

Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #70

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card! Those glasses are so elegant with their long stems. A lovely use of the challenge colours.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous card, very cute Karen x

Julie said...

Fabulously elegant card and I love the light box - clever you! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Create this time around, Juliexx

Juls said...

gorgeously elegant! love the soft colours!!! Hugs Juls