Saturday 3 July 2010

Penny Black Saturday #108 and some news!!

Hiya! This is a bit of a long'un so I hope you're comfy! I hope you've had a lovely week! I've had a crafty week but not card making; I've been making some bunting! It's so pretty! I've almost halfway through so I'll pop a picture up when I'm done if anyone is interested!
It's time for another Penny Black Saturday Challenge! Yey! This week, especially for our American friends this weekend, is Red, White and Blue! And funnily enough, nearly all of us have gone for stars and stripes too! They just go together I guess! And to celebrate our new sponsors Penny Black Inc, we have 3 of the gorgeous new Mimi and Bluebell stamps - cute, as a prize! We also have a 4th prize for you, a stamp of your choice from Stampers Supermarket - more than enough reasons to enter!
Here's my card which also uses this weeks Cupcake Craft sketch, it's a great one! I am actually really pleased with this card! It just all seemed to go together easily! The gem swirl I made using a Bazill template - such a good invention! And the stripey paper was made by using 2 different size Pink Petticoat stripe papers and layering them over each other in my graphics program. I hope you like it!

Supplies-
Stamp - 'Cinnamon' by Penny Black
Colouring - Copics
Papers - Pink Petticoat & Core'dinations
Stars - Dovecraft & Woodware punches & the large one is a Fiskars template

Sentiment - Personal Impressions
Gem swirl - Anita's gem wheel & Bazill template

*************************************************************
And now for my news...I am officially a Sugar Baby!! The lovely Korin at Sweet Stop Sketches has asked me to be a part of their current Guest Team! Woo hoo! I love their sketches to I am chuffed to have been asked! Here is my first card for them, with another great sketch! And we'll be posting a new one every saturday! I hope you can pop over and join us and meet the new team!
I really need to get cracking with my Christmas cards so when this little Lili of the Valley sweetie accidentily fell into my shopping basket, I thought it would be a good time to use her on my card! I quite like how this has turned out too - shocking! So there we go, I hope you're still with me! Have a fab weekend!

Supplies-
Image - 'Christmas Angels - Trumpet' by Lili of the Valley
Colouring - Copics
Papers - a mixure of Core'dinations, mirri card from stash, Paper Mania & Forever Friends x-mas pads
Sentiment - Pebbles Inc rub on
Ribbon - Hobbycraft
Brads - stash
Edge - X-cut border punch


20 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, your coloring is awesome! Way to get ahead on your Christmas Cards!

Martina said...

Congrats to be a Guest designer!! Horray!! =)
I love both your cards!!! Saw your red-blue-white one already at the Penny Black Challenge Blog page and it catched my eye immediatly!! Two fabulous cards!
Martina

Liza said...

Gorgeous card Beth, I love the cool PB image and your colour combo. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards Beth!!! Love the cute image in the first and your take on that sketch is fabulous!!
Also congrats on your DT spot for The Sweet Stop!! Love your card! Such a cute card and way to get Christmas cards started! I should as well!!
:)Kathy

Pauline C said...

2 gorgeous cards Beth - love how you have made your stripey paper on the PB one - very clever! And your LotV sketch card is so cute - must go over and see this challenge blog :-) Congrats on your new DT post :-) have a great weekend
pauline x

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards Beth...so pretty.
Congrats on the DT news...very well deserved hun!
Thanks for your kind comment - it's good to be back :-D
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are fabulous. We are so lucky to have you on the Sugar Baby team!!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great cards! Congrats on the new DT too!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Beautiful card and coloring, but what really made me laugh was the cat in the toilet. I thought that I was in my own bathroom for a second! What is it with cats and toilets? Mine also has a box fetish. It's great to be a Sugar Baby with you!

Janneke said...

Two awesome cards Beth ;0)
Congrats on the DT news!

Janneke X

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya Beth, two great cards and congrats on your new DT position. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Liz x

Joey said...

Bath your card is gorgeous I adore what you have done with the theme. Many Congrats on your new dt post hun well deserved! Joey.x

Kelly Schelske said...

Fab cards Beth! So happy to be teamates with you!

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card as always teamie...and well done on the guest team place and oooh I feel a little shopping spree at LOTV coming on...enjoy what's left of the weekend...hugs kath xxx

Catherine said...

What a fantastic card Beth ! I love everything about it ! The papers, the colours, the embellishments, the image - so cute ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! SMiles from catherine

Dragonlady said...

Hi Beth

Great cards, really fun and bright.

Hugs Ali x

Sarah K said...

Oh wow what a beautiful sweet little design, I love all the lilli of the valley stamps and they are such good value. Such a lovely card x

cats whiskers said...

Wowe hin what fantastic creations here love them all, and congrats on being a Sugar Babe
Hugs Jacq xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards Beth! Super cute Penny Black girl...wonderful coloring and love, love, love LOTV...I have six so far, all uninked..boohoo...lol Your angel is precious...I just love red and green!
Pam Going Postal

Melissa said...

Adorable cards! I love the fourth of july card especially! how fun and well put together!