Friday, 16 May 2014

Floral Thanks!

Evening! I hope you've all had some of the sunshine I've had here today - it's been gorgeous! I still put in some craft room time though and made this card :-) I'm really happy with how this turned out! Its inspired by Nichol Magouirk's card and video here and I combined the idea with this weeks Case Study card by Wida and also this weeks Colour Throwdown colours. I used Distress Inks with the stencil, then instead of flicking water onto them, I used Perfect Pearls spray, hopefully that shows in the photo. The other thing I hope shows is a technique I saw online but can't remember where, of embossing the edges of a stacked die cut. The die was too fiddly to use an embossing pad on and my VersaMark pen isn't juicy enough so I couldn't get that to work, so I improvised with a silver Sharpie pen - I think it looks really cool in real life! :-) A bit of washi tape and a few gems to bring out the silver and my card was done! Because of the stacked die cut, I'm also going to enter into this weeks Simon Says Stamp challenge of Die Crazy. I hope you like it, thanks for looking!


Supplies;
Stencil - MFT 'Wildflowers'
Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'Naturals White'
Inks - Distress Inks 'Spun Sugar', 'Picked Raspberry', 'Festive Berries', 'Crushed Olive' & 'Peeled Paint'
Die - Simon Says Stamp 'Big Thanks'
Other - silver stripe washi tape, silver Sharpie, clear gems & Perfect Pearls mist

15 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

loooove this card Beth, perfection!! :) xx

Wida said...

ok seriously, this card is pretty amazing! Pinning it!

Vickie Z said...

Oh these watercolor flowers are gorgeous!! Lovely card!! Thxs for playing at CTD!!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Beth! this is stunning, I adore the water coloring and the die cut "thanks"! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous!! I love everything!

Michelle said...

Beth, your card is gorgeous! I love that silver washi! Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Cindy C. said...

Wow it really turned out so beautifully! Well done!!!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow it's gorgeous! Well done!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Beth. Love the shades on the flowers and the die-cut word. Such a pretty design. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Such an amazing card great. Thanks for joining us over case study challenge.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. totally love it.
thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown challenge

Lesley Croghan said...

Gorgeous card! Love those flowers and the layered sentiment. A real stunner!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Oh wow - so gorgeous!!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous take on the CASE and I love the soft look of the flowers!

Gay Peplow said...

Fabulous card, I love those bright flowers, well done :D x