Monday, 3 June 2013

2 for 1!

Hello! I hope you had a good weekend! I'm back today with a couple of cards to show you, I meant to post one yesterday and do seperate posts but I went out for a pub lunch instead - I'm sure you'll forgive me! ;-)
The first is for my dad's 60th birthday which is tomorrow - he's so excited! I embossed the numbers with clear embossing powder to give them a bit of pop, and did the same to the little stars.



Challenges;
Colour Q - these colours -->
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

_________________________________________________________________
And the second is just for the fun of it. Every card this month on the Case Study blog from Maile has sparked off some creative idea - how does she do that?! I decided as I don't have those beautiful feather wood veneers, to use up some of these wooden flowers I have. I inked the edges and added enamel dots to the centres. I hope you like them, thanks for visiting!



Challenges;
Case Study - Mailes card -->
Colour Throwdown - these colours -->

Supplies;

Card #1 - 
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock & Ink - Stampin' Up
Embossing folder - Craft Concepts
Sentiment - My Favourite Things
Dies - Sizzix, Papertrey Ink & Simon Says Stamp

Card #2
Wood flowers - Craft Barn
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Enamel dots - My Minds Eye
Sentiment - Simon Says Stamp
Cardstock - Stampin' Up

4 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, I love the dipped wood flowers! Cool idea! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Sylvia said...

Cute cards, Beth, love the embossed star and your lovely background! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Beth :-) both of them are fabulous ! I am sure your Dad will love his and the flowery one is so pretty ,, I love the dark embossed background.

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous texture on both cards. Hugs Bev x