Monday, 20 May 2013

Masculine card

Morning! I hope you had a lovely weekend! I'm back with another card for a couple of challenges, mostly inspired by Mailes card below. I thought I'd follow the placement of the heart stamps but use a fave of mine - PTI's Hexagon stamps. The colours were from the Just Add Ink challenge but I don't have Midnight Muse (yet!) so I used Marina Mist. I also went a bit old school and threw a couple of eyelets in! I hope you like it - have a good monday!




Challenges;
Case Study - Mailes card -->
The Paper Players - CAS Mens card
Just Add Ink - Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake & white

Supplies;
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Sentiment - My Favourite Things
Ink & cardstock - Stampin' Up
Twine & eyelets - stash

13 comments:

Christine Blain said...

What a GREAT card, Beth! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the Hexigon patterns and CAS, great use of the challenge colours too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Claire said...

Love the design - perfect male creation. Hugs, Claire x

debby4000 said...

Love your card, brilliant colour combo.
luv
Debby

Jenny said...

Yay for tessellating shapes !! Love the colours and great way to use eyelets too....I have loads of the things!!!
Jenny x

Nance Leedy said...

This is a fabulous card, Beth--for anyone! Love the colors and the cluster of shapes with the sentiment stamped over. The eyelets are a great touch and I love the way the ribbon goes behind the sentiment! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Beth! I have made one very similar for the CASE study challenge too! I love yours, love the colours and great sentiment stamps. Loving the eyelets too, really finishes the card off xx

Jeanne J said...

Great card! I love your take on the challenge with the masculine colors and the eyelet "hardware" fits perfectly!

Debby said...

Perfect stamping, great colours and eyelets are still good! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
Thanks
Cindy

stampwithsandy said...

I love your perfectly positioned hexagons, and what great colors, too! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players, Beth!

inkeverywhere said...

This is beautiful. I love this card. Great shapes and use of colours. Chantell JAI

Narelle Farrugia said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Love the CAS-ness of this card and those hexagons make such an impact. Your eyelet treatment is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!