Saturday, 14 January 2012

Penny Black Saturday #184!

Good morning! Yey it's the weekend!! And a lovely one for me as we're off to Rye for a night for our wedding anniversary, staying in a cosy inn with a big fireplace and some wine - bliss!
But before I head off, here's my card for this weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge, thanks sooo much to everyone who entered last week, it was so nice seeing how my card had inspired people in different ways! This weeks theme is nice and easy - Anything Goes! Simple!
This weeks prize is from our regular sponsor 1-2-3 Stitch with a $20 voucher to their online store!
Considering the easy theme, I really struggled with this card, I think I need to be told what to do a bit more! But then this stamp just arrived all by itself in the post (!) so I made a simple little card with it! I've selectively glittered some of the hearts and made one of them red to pop it out a little. Also, I keep seeing negative die cutting on cards and think it looks fab so I tried that too! I hope you like it! Have a great weekend!




Here's the challenges I'm entering:
Sweet Stampin Challenge - All that glitters
Papertake - Die cuts
Case Study - this card
Penny Black @ Allsorts - Love & Hearts

19 comments:

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Beth!
Gorgeous stamping, stunning card.
Simple and elegant.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and more, good luck;-))m

Teresa Kline said...

this is a beauty...luv the design!

enjoy *~*

Claire said...

Beautiful card with lots of lovely detail. Hugs, Claire x

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous. Simple but so good, love the cut out and the sentiment tag over, I have this tag and you have used it so well.
thank you for entering your card at sweet stampin this week, good luck. debbiexx

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Beth :) how are you? lovely to hear from you :) its hard keeping up with the old blog hopping , comments etc, I do hope you are well and what a stunning card!!! hugzzz I must pop by more xxx

Dayna Sabrina said...

This is gorgeous. I love the simplicity of it all and the great use of the stamp!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Beth - simple and elegant - LOVE it :)

Tracey T said...

Oh wow! Another fabulous card Beth! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week and many congratulations on being in our Spotlight this weekend. Tracey x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - this is just awesome!!!!

I love how you did the cut out with the sentiment on top!!

I think I can play along this week too as I already have an idea :)

Thanks for poppin' by my blog!!!
Maria

brenda said...

So elegant Beth and such a nice touch glittering the one little heart.

Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck.

B x

Nancy said...

Very pretty card love the simplicity of it, the negative cut is gorgeous and the POP of red is perfect! Great job.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Beth :-) I love the whole design of this ,, absolutely stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Debby said...

I love the sentiment across the pop of red from the negative die cut. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, what a stunning card! Love everything about it :) Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study this week! :)

Kozmik said...

Lovely Card - stunning colours! Thankyou for sharing with us at sweetstampin xxkozmikxx

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous card Beth! :) Your negative die cutting looks fabulous!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is such an elegant card. I love the deep red behind the aperture.
Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.
Clare x