Tuesday, 3 January 2012

2 years already?! : )

Hello again! What a hideous day!! I thought the house was going to blow over! And also it's my last day off, booo! I love my job but I hate routine!
Oh well, I'll stop whingeing and show you this card I've made for mine and Jamie's 2nd wedding anniversary on the 16th, it's gone sooo quickly! I made it for a few challenges but I feel I should credit this card by Jen del Muro, I saw it back in September and added it to my Pintrest board, then when I saw this weeks Case Study challenge, it reminded me of it so it's sort of an amalgamation of the 2! I really wanted to get the die set from Verve with the big U & I on it but the postage was almost the same as the dies!!So I just looked through my fonts til I found the right 'u', made it the size I wanted it, flipped it over so it faced the wrong way, then printed it onto the back of my card so when I cut around it, there was no lines showing where I'd cut! Much cheaper! ; )
I hope you like it, I hope think Jamie will! Thank for looking!

This one shows up the shimmery cardstock...
...and hopefully this one shows up the dimension - this is definitely not a 'postable' card!
Here's the challenge list:
Case Study - this card by Amy Sheffer
CAS-ual Fridays - Use kraft & twine
Less is More - One word
Papertake - Anything goes

18 comments:

Mieke'S said...

I like it!
It's very nice!
Greetings Mieke'S

Claire said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the design, he will love it. It has been horrible today and also my last day off, I am back to work tomorrow ..... still only 5 weeks until half term LOL! Hope it goes well. Hugs, Claire x

Jenni's Jems said...

I'm sure he will love it and I think it's brilliant ! x

Juls said...

so fabby!!! Love your use of Kraft! Hugs Juls

Katina said...

Gorgeous! Might have to CASE this! xx

cbuswell said...

Fabulous CASE! Really fab! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

so very cute!

Chrissie said...

This is a beautiful card... I suppose it is still technically only one word as the U isn't really a word!
It's a super composition however!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

the paper perch by jess said...

I am totally smitten with this card. Just lovely.

lin_ka1 said...

Lots of layers, but it looks perfect.

Vicky Hayes said...

How resourceful you are Beth - that 'U' looks brilliant! I love the whole card and how could your husband not be bowled over by it?! Vicky x

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic card with a wonderful cluster of goodies! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Julie said...

Clever design!

Jill said...

stunning card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Very dramatic. Love it. x

Christine said...

Lovely card Beth but it looks as if it opens the wrong way, or is it just me looking at it wrong...lol

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.