Saturday, 20 August 2011

Penny Black Saturday #165!

Hello! It's the weekend again and a fun one for me as its my birthday today! Jamie has to work which is a shame but we went out for a lovely day yesterday, first up Zorbing!! Ha ha! It was so fun! Then a look around Dorchester and Poole then a fish and chip dinner in Bournemouth, it was great!
But anyway, its time for another Penny Black Saturday challenge! This weeks theme is Shabby Chic, one if my faves to look at although I'm not sure I always nail it!
This weeks prize is a really sweet stamp from our former teamie Carole!
Here's my card and I'm not going to take any credit for the design but when I discovered the Case Study challenge back in May, I saw this challenge and have wanted to design a similar card ever since. I'm also really inspired by Chupas cards who's on the DT, for her beautiful coloring of flowers and how she makes them a focus on her cards, I'm not a massive fan if using paper flowers on my cards so I love the stamped & coloured ones! So would you believe it, this weeks Case Study challenge is to case one of Chupas cards! So here it is, I hope you like it, have a fab weekend!
Challenges;
Case Study - Case one of Chupa's cards - I've chosen this one
The Shabby Tea Room - Polka Dots
Paper Sundaes - Just saying Hi
Papertake - Bingo (lace, ribbon & free)
My Mums Craft shop - Summer
Creative Inspirations - Favourite Stamp
Supplies-
Image - Penny Black 'Sundial'
Colouring - Copics
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Pearls, ribbon, lace & doily - stash
Sentiment - Paula Pascual
Tag - Kars punch

18 comments:

Liz, said...

Beautiful card this week. Hope you are enjoying your birthday,

Liz x

Helen said...

Happy Birthday Beth - sounds like you had a fun day yesterday, but I hope you enjoy today too! :0)
Gorgeous card - love the way you've layered the flower!
Helen x

Mags said...

Happy birthday! I love this card so much, the papers are lovely and the flower is Fantabulous!!

luv, Mags x

Faye said...

Oh happy birthday! You know it may be a case, but this is still beautiful with gorgeous colouring. xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Happy Birthday Beth!

Love this gorgeous flower, beautiful lace too, fab card!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Beth
Gorgeous card...love all the new Stamps bit tired or the cutie animal ones ...
.hugs sylvie
xxx

kath said...

happy birthday beth...hope you had a special day and wow what a stunning card..love that big smiley flower...enjoy the rest of your weekend..hugs kath xxx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, this sunflower looks so life-like! Amazing card!

Marlies said...

Happy Birthday Beth.
Your card is absolutly gorgeous!
hugs, Marlies

Suzanne Russell said...

Great sunflower! All round excellent card. Love your style!

Amanda R said...

Very very pretty! I love the accents and how you layered the flower. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

NGCARDS said...

A brilliant card hun and a great stamp! Thanks for joining in with our Favourite Stamp Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

WOW! I am loving your card Missy! That large flower is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room!

Jemima's Jems said...

oh WOW i love your card it is stunning, absolutely love the flower against the beautiful papers, so beautifully put together...BRILLIANT:)


Thank you for joining us at MMCS

Sue
xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE this card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Jean Martin said...

OMGoodness! This is STUNNING!!! I just love it! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Karita said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! :)Flower image is gorgeous and so is you colouring too :)

Thank you for joining at Creative Inspirations :)
Hugs,
Karita

cbuswell said...

SO gorgeous! love that flower! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!