Monday, 20 June 2011

My first 'Case Study' card!

Morning! In about 10 minutes a taxi is arriving to take us to the airport where I'm off to Greece for 2 whole weeks!! I'm not sure I've ever needed a holiday more! Running my own business is fun but my initial plan of working less is not really panning out that way and I'm knackered!! But I've rustled up a little card after I'd got my DT cards to schedule done, and it's for this weeks Case Study challenge. Basically they have a 'Muse' everyone month who makes a card each week for you to draw inspiration from, here is Jill Foster's card for this week:
*sigh*
And here is mine! I've used the layout, the pin pricked border and the splattery, inky background albeit in different colours. I really enjoyed making it, when we move and I get all my stash out of storage, I'm sure I've got some mica powders I could try it with. It's made by inking up the paper with various Distress Inks then flicking it with water. I got a bit too much in the middle and made like a puddle effect but I still quite like it!
Here is the challenges I'm entering this into:
Case Study - week 44
Crazy 4 Challenges - twine or thread
Cute Card Thursday - Birthstone colours (mine are diamonds and pink sapphire)
Supplies-
Butterfly - Marianne Design Creatables 'Butterfly 3'
Inks - Distress Inks in 'Barn Door', 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Spun Sugar'
Thread - The Ribbon Girl
Gems - Anita's
Label - Cuttlebug die
Sentiment - Wild Rose Studio

7 comments:

Juls said...

fabby!!! I love the background you have created, and the sparkle on your butterfly!!! Hugs Juls

Sue Kohler said...

Love your CAS design, the butterfly is fabulous with a touch of sparkle and the twine treaded through the sentiment is perfect!
Thank you for sharing at CASE study! :)

Jill said...

Love your background! And that big butterfly is perfect! Such an awesome card! HUGS!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful butterfly! That pink background is just gorgeous and highlights that beauty perfectly!Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovely card, I totally dig that glittery butterfly :)

MaryBeth said...

Fantastic! I love how you have the background slowly fading and the sparkle! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
~MaryBeth

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely and dainty card! Great job with the technique! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)